Friday, July 15, 2011

I Guess You Could Call it an Adventure...

So everything started out pretty rocky. Not only did I have to be at the Tucson airport at 5am, but my sleeping accommodations fell through when I hit Madrid. This wouldn't be so bad was this not a huge festival weekend and this wasn't a tourist town to begin with already. But it is and as such every place I called was booked. I sent emails, Brandon helped from the states, but I had to catch my next flight to Santiago de Compestela. I figured there would be internet there, even if it was expensive.

There wasn't. I forget what a luxury it is in the states to have wifi pretty much everywhere, and usually for free or the price of a cup of coffee.

Luckily a few people from the dig were also in town and I had one phone number for them. So though I couldn't get their emails, one of the people heading up the American side of the dig was able to meet me at a square in town and help me to a local hostel that still had some room. It took all day, so sadly I didn't see much to be able to report to you. But I do have all day today, and hopefully this second day will be better than the first.




No comments:

Post a Comment